- Add Personal Touches. Incorporate personal items in your living space, such as family photos, artwork, and sentimental decorations, to infuse your personality into the space.
- Throw in some textiles. Style some textured cushions or a chunky throw. Add a unique patterned area rug. Place funky deco on end tables or a coffee table. Reupholster an old piece of furniture with an eye-catching material. Dress up the kitchen table by adding a fun center piece or a statement light fixture above it.
- Create an Accent Wall. If your rental agreement allows, consider creating an accent wall with paint, removable wallpaper, or even tapestries to give the room a focal point.
- Hang Curtains. Adding curtains can instantly make a space feel homier and more comfortable. Choose fabrics and patterns that match your style. Hang them higher up to create an illusion of high ceilings.
- Loads of Plants. Adding indoor plants not only beautifies the space but also creates a calming and refreshing atmosphere. While any plant will look lovely in a plain pot, try being bold and use a different style pot to add some color and texture. Hanging plants are a crafty way to introduce an elevated look.
- Adjust Lighting. Use warm-toned light bulbs for a cozy feel. Consider adding floor lamps, table lamps or fairy lights to create a comfy ambiance.
- Organize and Declutter. Keeping your rental neat and organized can make it feel more like home and give you a sense of control over your space. Try adding extra shelves in kitchen cupboards or a stylish lazy Susan on the counter for extra storage space.
- Hang Art and Mirrors. Hang artwork or mirrors to add character to the walls and create a sense of depth in the space. Create a gallery wall to create a unique focal point in a room.
- Add Functional Furniture. Bring in furniture that serves your needs and complements your style. Adding a coffee table or end tables with drawers allows for hidden storage and functionality. Having a comfortable and functional space is essential to feeling at home.
- Use Scented Candles or Diffusers. Scent can play a significant role in creating a comforting atmosphere. Use scented candles or essential oil diffusers to infuse your space with a fragrance you love.
- Get to Know Your Neighbors. Building a sense of community can help you feel more at home in your rental and the surrounding area.
There are plenty of simple, non-permanent ways to add a personalized touch and style to make your rental feel like home. The most important thing is to be creative and have fun with it!
Follow us on social to find your rental home and start personalizing today: https://www.instagram.com/bsr_properties_/